Greenville Free Medical Clinic
Thu Sep 01 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Sun Jan 01 2023 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
I. Title: Medical Assistant
II. Overall Responsibility
The Medical Assistant is expected to practice safe and ethical nursing assistant duties within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge and under the direction of a Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Physician. The Medical Assistant should understand his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary.
Accountable to and receives direction from the Clinical Operations Manager, Executive Director, Nursing staff, and/or the Medical Director.
• Completion and documentation of patient’s height, weight, temperature, finger stick blood glucose, and oxygen saturation levels.
• Completes and documents non-medicated dressing changes with direction from Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or provider.
• Accurately relays information from Registered Nurse or Provider to patient as requested.
• Accurately record the information collected on the patient for inclusion in the medical record.
• Promptly report any changes in a patient’s condition to a Registered Nurse or Physician.
• Performance of CPR in emergency situations when CPR is needed, also maintaining current BLS certification
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize patient care first, additional duties secondary
• Observes patient privacy and rights
• Perform quality checks on Hemocue, Alere Afinion, Easy one plus spirometry
• Performance of Point of Care testing, excluding INR’s
• Ability to perform EKG’s as ordered by Provider
• Assist providers and nurses with patient procedures
• Performance of data entry for SC Healthy CheckUp program
• Assisting with routine completion of Best Chance Network paperwork, along with appropriate documentation of follow up
• Perform and record monthly safety inspections
• Maintain sufficient stock/ordering linen supplies
• Maintain adequate stock of consumable supplies in each patient room and in the lab
• Other duties requested and instructed from the Executive Director and the Clinical Operations Manager.
V. Skills and Knowledge Required
• Thorough knowledge of the clinic protocols and procedures.
• General knowledge of quality assurance practices and procedures.
• Ability to exercise sound leadership and judgment.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Motivation and ability to work both independently and with other health care professionals
Skills and Requirements
• Minimum High School diploma or GED
• Completion of an accredited Patient Care Technician, Certified Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assisting training program
• Minimum one year experience functioning as a PCT, CNA or CMA
• CPR Certification for Health Care Professionals
• Experience working with a culturally-diverse and underserved patient population
• Familiarity with information systems, such as electronic health record, MS Office business software and/or practice management system
• Fluency in Spanish desired, but not required
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and education