Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate (full-time)
Safe Harbor, Inc.
Thu May 20 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Mon Jun 21 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Highly motivated and qualified candidates, please provide a cover letter and your resume. Email to:
Safe Harbor is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence in the upstate of South Carolina, offering a continuum of services, as well as teen dating violence education and community outreach in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties.
At Safe Harbor, we strive to create a culture of inclusivity and empowerment. Approaching our work with different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds cultivates collective strength and creativity. This brings us closer to the communities we serve and embodies our fundamental vision that all people feel safe and valued.
The role of Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate is critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This position works from the Safe Harbor Resale Shop and serves as the liaison between the agency and community for non-cash donations.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive training and shadowing orientation program, great benefits and paid time off.
• Respond to schedule donation pick-ups from community
• Pick up and deliver donated furniture, household items and clothing
• Maintain inventory of donated items for agency and warehouse
• Additional responsibilities related to needs of resale store, agency and clients
Skills and Requirements
• This job requires heavy lifting. Must be able to regularly lift at least 75 pounds-with assistance from dolly
• Must have good driving record and be able to operate a box truck
• High School Diploma or GED
• Passion for serving others
• Excellent time management and communication skills. Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal day-day supervision
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Most demonstrate problem-solving skills and good judgement
• Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
• Prefer candidate who demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft outlook as well as basic data entry