FoodShare Program Coordinator
Mill Village Ministries
Thu Nov 18 2021 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tue Jan 04 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Full-time with benefits, hourly rate compensation to be discussed based on experience.
How to Apply
Please visit www.millcommunity.org/careers to apply
The FoodShare Program Coordinator will be responsible for customer relations, administration of SNAP payments and state reimbursements, and management and staffing of the hotline order system. They will work alongside the FoodShare Program Manager to compile biweekly order data, enter it into a software system, and later create healthy recipe cards based on each order. The Program Coordinator will work alongside the Program Manager to lead the packing and distribution of boxes every other week, and they run the public drive-thru site rain or shine. The FoodShare SNAP Manager is also part of casting the strategic vision for FoodShare alongside the FoodShare Team & MVM Leadership Team. This candidate must be highly organized, a team player, a quick thinker and problem solver, and a customer service-oriented helper.
Alongside the FoodShare Team, must be at the warehouse to receive and count produce orders (every other Monday). Serve as a member of the FoodShare box packing team (every other Tuesday). Manage drive-thru pick up site--be prepared to be outside for up to 8 hrs despite weather conditions, to interact directly with customers, and to drive a box truck to and from site (every other Wednesday.)
Manage all SNAP/Healthy Bucks transactions. This includes ensuring that all EBT vouchers are cleared in a timely manner, all Healthy Bucks logs are maintained according to current DSS policies, and monthly Healthy Bucks invoices are submitted on time per current DSS policies.
Manage the FoodShare order/customer service telephone, text, and online platforms. This includes scheduling coverage of the hotline by FoodShare staff, interns, or volunteers; training associates to work the hotline; responding to higher level hotline inquiries and customer service issues; managing various constituent lists and scheduling various text campaigns.
Work with other FoodShare and MVF team members on marketing efforts. This includes (but is not limited to): biweekly recipe cards and accompanying partner flyers, program flyers and calendars, and the FoodShare sections of the website. This may also include presenting at resource fairs or classes, or giving talks.
Box Receiving, Packing, and Drive Thru (40%)
- Be on-site for produce delivery; assist produce inspection & volunteer management.
- Physically move the produce via pallet jacks and lift and sort through cases (up to 50 lbs).
- Assist Order Manager with logistics of packing day. Manage interns, volunteers, and staff in the warehouse, and physically move boxes, load the truck, and be on feet for 8 hours.
- Communicate with customers about pick up, be available to take calls while running the drive-thru & managing volunteers.
- Interact with customers at drive-thru & load boxes (15-20 lbs.) into cars.
SNAP Vouchers & Healthy Bucks (25%)
- Run all SNAP payments and keep organized files of vouchers.
- Condense all monthly SNAP payments and submit reimbursement to DSS.
Hotline & Intern Management (15%)
- Keep track of customer communication, and delegate daily tasks to the intern team.
- Manage SNAP continuous order system and monitor insufficient funds.
- Be available to answer questions from interns.
Team Collaboration (10%)
- Assist internal FoodShare & executive teams in creating goals for long-term growth of the FoodShare program.
External Relationships (10%)
- Collaborate with external partners, such as FoodShare SC, LiveWell, etc. to glean information and build relationships.
- Create marketing materials (i.e. recipes, flyers, calendars) and be open to giving talks or other community education opportunities.
Other duties reasonably assigned by FS & MVM leadership by virtue of the position.
The Ideal Candidate: A culturally aware leader who will prioritize customer needs. Organized, with general computer proficiency. A team player who can delegate and collaborate easily in team settings. A decisive actor, able to think on their feet. Willing and able to do physical labor in the warehouse (can repetitively lift & move 50 pounds). Passionate about social justice, food security, healthy eating, poverty alleviation, and/or local agriculture.
Skills and Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Execution, organization & attention to detail
- Mastery of the Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc) & an overall high level of computer literacy
- Exceptional Customer service skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift & move 50 lbs and work in a warehouse setting for long periods of time
- Understanding and enthusiasm for Mill Village Ministries’ vision and willingness to advance its mission
- Bilingual in Spanish & English preferred