Die Casting Operator
Imperial Die Casting
Tue Aug 24 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tue Aug 23 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Applicants should apply in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9AM – 2PM.
This position involves operating automatic die casting cells required to produce quality die cast parts. The Die Cast Operator must demonstrate skills and knowledge required to maintain the operation of an automatic die cast cell and fulfill the essential functions of the job.
• Onsite attendance and the ability to stand for the duration of the shift are essential functions of this position.
• Trimming, inspecting and packing castings produced in automatic cell.
• Communicate problems to supervisor.
• Notify supervisor of any safety hazards.
• Assist Quality Control as needed to sort parts.
• Perform general housekeeping in plant.
• Record downtime and scrap.
• Inspect, identify and contain defective materials for quality review.
• Read, understand and perform quality check requirements as specified in visual aids.
• Perform initial start-up of a die for first piece.
• Relieve automatic casting operators or manual operators when required.
• Practice good Housekeeping and maintain clean work cell.
• Participate in safety activities and initiative according to Company rules.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Forklift truck experience is a plus.
• Demonstrate mathematical skills such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to read, write and understand work instructions and visual drawings.
• Demonstrate strong attention to details.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.