Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
Thu May 20 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Wed Jun 30 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
$20.78/hr - $27.70/hr
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have an application on file. Please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
Salary Level 14
Normal Hiring Range - $20.78/hr - $27.70/hr
Hiring range based off being scheduled 2184 hours per year.
This opportunity will contribute to the PORS state retirement plan.
Position Summary (Primary Function)
Under limited supervision, performs assigned police and traffic control work and directs the work of subordinates.
Performs other law enforcement duties as assigned by the Airport Police Captain.
Skills and Requirements
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Enforces traffic and parking regulations.
• Investigates crimes, accidents and suspicious activity on the airport property.
• Prepares incident reports, booking reports, accident reports, daily shift reports and security checkpoint alarm reports.
• Assist other law enforcement agencies, writes state summons and attends court when required.
• Assists the general public, performs lockout, escort and protection services as directed.
• Assists in the enforcement of the Security Plan and the Airport Emergency Plan requirements.
• Oversees maintenance and upkeep of police vehicles and other equipment.
• Plans and supervises assigned shift.
• Ensure complete coverage of shift.
• Verifies the hours worked by subordinates, and submits them to the Police Captain in a timely manner.
• Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Airport Police Captain.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, and Ability)
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• At least three (3) years of active police work
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Windows.
• A working knowledge of police administration and public relations A thorough knowledge of Federal, State laws and the Rules and Regulations of the Airport,
• Ability to manage and supervise others.
• This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must comply with the minimal physical fitness performance requirements of this department.
• Operate a police vehicle on patrol, non-emergency response, emergency response, or pursuit for the apprehension of suspects.
• Have the ability to discharge a firearm without undue risk to airport employees, tenants, and the public, and comply with all department firearms standards.
• Attend and qualify in all firearms training sessions.
• Must qualify with on and off duty weapons.
• Qualify with their weapons at least once annually, or as directed by the training officer.
• Handgun qualification requires the attainment of at least an eighty percent proficiency rating.
• May be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and utilize radio equipment at the same time.
• Must successfully complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
• Supervises assigned shift
• Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
• Must maintain a safe driving record, on and off duty. Must not have more than two chargeable accidents in the past three years or more than two non-disqualifying traffic offenses in the past three years.
• Must withstand a 10-year criminal background check with no disqualifying convictions.
• Must meet the minimum educational standards required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy. Must be certified by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Training Council before assuming duties as a Sergeant.
• Successful compliance of the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy Pre-testing, including psychological profile, and promotion fitness test, police officer selection test, polygraph exam, physical, drug/alcohol screening and field training program. Must meet the minimum educational standards required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
• Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
• Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
• Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
• Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. May be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow and a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as the apprehension and arrest of a suspect. Engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work.
• Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
• Exposed to normal police environment and normal aviation environment.
• This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
• Will be required to work shifts that may change from time to time.
• Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.