Resale Shop Donation Assistant
Safe Harbor, Inc.
Wed Nov 23 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Wed Dec 14 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Highly motivated and qualified candidates may apply by visiting safeharborsc.org/employment
• Follow the guidelines of Employee Handbook of Safe Harbor and the procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop.
• Ensure that the processing area is clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
• Greet and assist customers/donors when you’re working the donation door
• Clean, price, and hang items to sell
• Assist Manager and co-workers in creating and implementing shop events & shop projects
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door
• Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the store
• Participate in store special events
• Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles assigned
• Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health related issues, substance abuse, domestic violence, and with those living in poverty preferred.
Skills and Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Good hand and eye coordination.
• Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture.
• Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public.
• Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements and lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required.