Corporate Giving Manager
United Way of Greenville Count
Mon Jul 19 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tue Aug 24 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter directly to email@example.com with Corporate Giving Manager in the subject line. Qualified candidates that bring a diversity of thought, experience and background are encouraged to apply.
United Way of Greenville County offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where United Way of Greenville County pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for eligible employees and their families.
United Way of Greenville is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
United Way of Greenville County
Corporate Giving Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Revised: July, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Greenville County continues to draw national attention as a popular destination for visitors and a magnet for new development. But, even with this success, many experience a different Greenville. Right now, over 50,000 people are living in poverty. As the largest poverty-fighting organization in South Carolina, United Way of Greenville County’s unique ability to take on challenges like affordable housing, education, job training, transportation and other complex community issues—all at the same time—is unmatched.
WHAT WE DO
We mobilize donors and volunteers and convene partner agencies, corporations and community leaders to make broad, systemic change like no other organization can on its own.
United Way values the abilities and perspectives that make each person who they are, empowering our employees to reach higher, think differently, act innovatively, and work collaboratively. People who work here provide the energy, expertise and creativity that is critical to creating the lasting change our community needs—and the opportunities to succeed that everyone deserves.
Vision: A Greenville County where all people have access to the opportunities to achieve their full potential.
Mission: We mobilize people and resources to improve lives, strengthen the community, and advance equity for the benefit of all.
Impact: As a funder, partner and convener, United Way of Greenville County works with the entire community to build resources, focus investments, and foster partnerships that create lasting solutions to big community problems. Last year, our work resulted in thousands of individuals receiving assistance with basic needs and advancing along the Cycle of Success.
POSITION SUMMARY: Corporate Giving Manager
Reports to: Director of Corporate Giving
(Overview/Summary of role) The Corporate Giving Manager leads all aspects of an assigned portfolio of corporate and employee fundraising campaigns. This position will establish, grow, and strengthen relationship with corporate leaders and individuals within the workplace to maximize corporate and employee engagement and philanthropic giving to United Way of Greenville County.
External: Donors, CEO’s and key leaders of companies, Campaign Cabinet, Campaign Coordinators
Internal: Development Staff, Finance Staff, and other United Way of Greenville County staff as required
Essential Job Functions:
Deepen relationships with assigned corporate accounts and individuals to increase engagement and philanthropic giving to United Way of Greenville County.
• Through strong relationship building skills, gain deep understanding of each corporate relationship and how United Way of Greenville County can assist with their Corporate Social Responsibility goals and employee engagement.
• For each corporate campaign, develop and implement corporate solicitation plans for each assigned relationship and communicate effectively with Campaign Coordinators and key volunteers to implement campaign plans.
• Manage portfolio of individual leadership giving donors within Corporate Account assignments and develop strategies to increase overall giving to United Way of Greenville County.
• In partnership with the Volunteer and Donor Engagement team, ensure that assigned companies are aware of and involved in volunteer projects and community events.
• In a warm and engaging manner, provide customer service support to donors and volunteers who contact with questions regarding their corporate campaign, engagement activity, individual gift, or other inquires related to United Way of Greenville County.
• Take responsibility for continuously updating donor information in the Contact Management system.
• Support new business development efforts by constantly seeking new corporate prospects and high potential donors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Awareness and Sensitivity to the External Environment - Situational awareness; is aware of organization‘s position in the community and the effect of words and actions on that position; demonstrates savvy in dealing with internal and external customers; is promoting and affirming in conversations about and on behalf of the organization.
• Collaborative/Inclusive Outlook - Works in a way that builds trust, relationships and confidence; promotes an environment that is free from personal or professional biases; actions are both open and transparent.
• Communication - Speaks clearly, writes effectively and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens to executives, co-workers, employees and outside advisors in order to effectively and efficiently share information and ideas; demonstrates effective group presentation and meeting skills.
• Innovation – Comfortable and proactive with developing, recommending and introducing new ideas and/or methods.
• Relationship Building – Has the ability to connect and influence a large and diverse group of people; is seen as a bridge builder and someone who is “good to work with” can build and maintain meaningful professional relationships.
• Results-Oriented Thinking and Behavior - A genuine concern for effectiveness; possesses the desire to get the job done with excellence; mentally, is focused on getting the best results for actions taken; does not settle of mediocrity.
• Stewardship – Responds appropriately and timely with the fiscal responsibility given, and to organizational resources and budgetary administration; responsible stewards of people, talent and financial resources.
• Team/Organizational Leadership and Management - Understands the needs and wants of the organization, community and its customers and co-workers in order to provide accurate, complete and timely service and to further the mission, values and goals of the organization.
Required Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, communications, or social services.
• 3-5 years of fundraising experience is preferred; excellent sales/fundraising skills are required.
• Ability to lead, manage, and motivate corporate leaders, employees, and volunteers to achieve fundraising and organizational goals.
• Must work well under pressure, be flexible, creative, enthusiastic, and possess a high energy level.
• Outstanding project management skills; extremely organized with ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Flexibility to adjust schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Regular and sustained attendance.
Skills and Requirements
Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business, marketing, communications and social services; 3-5 years of fundraising experience, preferred