Tue Nov 23 2021 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tue Feb 01 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Any candidates/applicants that are interested will need to submit their resume/application through the Westrock website. The following highlights how one can access the site to apply:
• You can either enter the title (production shift) and/or location (Cowpens, SC) or both
Job Title: Production Operator Job Code:
Reports to (title): Production Manager Pay Grade: Hourly
Department/Division: Production FLSA:
Perform various production jobs and duties as required to meet the needs of the mill. There are a total of nine (9) production jobs and the requirement is to have the ability to qualify on at least seven (7) of the nine (9) jobs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Unload OCC from trucks and complete all associated paper work involved for materials coming into the warehouse.
• Operate a grab truck to unload, store, retrieve, and cut wires from bales and place bales on chain conveyor to feed Pulper.
• Maintain a steady and uninterrupted supply of OCC bales to the Pulper.
• Have working knowledge in the selection of the appropriate mix of various types of OCC bales to the Pulper.
• Cut, remove and control all ragger tails at pulper.
• Maintain, with a computerized system, all stock levels to the Mill, ensuring level consistency, etc.
• Operate the Reel utilizing mechanical controls as well as computer control.
• Operate the Winder to ensure paper rolls are cut and prepared to Customer specification. This includes manual operation of systems as well as computerized control.
• Load rolls of finished product onto trailers and rail cars for delivery to customer.
• Maintain housekeeping standards in all areas of the mill.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to push/pull 50+ pounds.
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts in hot and cold environment.
• Ability to climb up and down steps on frequent basis during 12-hour shift.
• Ability to stand, squat and bend on a frequent basis during 12-hour shift.
• Use of hands, arms in close quarters to operate heavy machinery.
• Must be able to work on floors that are uneven and often wet.
• Ability to maintain attention at high level to job operations for 12-hour periods.
Skills and Requirements
• Must be willing to work rotating 12 hour day and night shifts
• Must be willing to work a four 4 day on / 4 day off shift rotation
• Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
• Must be willing to work overtime as required
• Must be willing to work off days during scheduled mill outages
• Must have basic computer skills
Previous Work Experience
• Lift Truck experience preferred
• Prior manufacturing experience required