Greenville, South Carolina
Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery
Greenville, South Carolina
Fri Oct 28 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Mon Nov 28 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Follows a daily check sheet to prepare recipes for baking
Produces Swamp baked goods including: baking, mixing, scaling, portioning recipes following weights to the 100th decimal point, and ● sheeting/rolling dough using industry standard equipment
● Masters oven use and baking to perfection
● Sorts, assembles, and packs pastries for boxes or trays for cafe use, store sales, or catering and wholesale orders
● Preps and chops fruits and vegetables
● Works safely around hot ovens, heavy equipment, and sharp utensils
● Knows how to execute all recipes properly and efficiently
● Maintains a clean and sanitary work space and washing dishes as needed
● Takes direction from the Head Chef and other Kitchen managers
● Assists fellow employees as needed
Skills and Requirements
Must be 21 years of age or older
● Must be available for 12am-8am or 2am-9am shifts
● Three years previous baking and/or mass production required
Must wear closed-toe, slip resistant shoes with a Coefficient of Friction rating between 0.54 and 0.76. Coefficient of Friction rating is the
● measure of traction for slip resistant shoes and generally shoes labeled for commercial kitchen use fall into this category (examples of brands
include but are not limited to Tredsafe, SafeTStep, Sketchers for Work).
● Must be comfortable with repetitive motions
● Must be able to work in an often hot or cold environment
● Must have a high energy level , be comfortable working alone, be self motivated, and a natural troubleshooter
● Must communicate by Deputy, Slack, and email
● Adheres to all SCDHEC food safety requirements including following rules of cooling, time control of temperature and storing food properly
● Is an active part of the Swamp Team so adheres to high standards of service, quality, and presentation
● Takes initiative to help any area of the business if possible
Performs other duties as assigned and requested. It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations detailed in this job
● description are not always specifically described. Employees may be required to perform duties not within their job description as requested
at the discretion of SRCG Management.
Must possess a passion for local food and an interest in telling the story behind it.
● Must conduct oneself in an honest, professional and respectful manner at all times.
● Must possess a love of people, interact with people well, and possess a desire for excellent customer service.
● Able to take direction, work independently, and as a member of a team, and able to create working relationships.
● Able to interact with employees and customers in stressful situations and/or conflict in a non-threatening and redemptive way.
● Must be highly motivated, hard working, and possess a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
● Must pay attention to details, be organized, and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
● Must have problem solving skills, be flexible, creative, and able to adapt to change when required.
Must possess good interpersonal skills and communicate well verbally and in writing. Must be able to ask questions and give shift reports with ● limited in person supervision.
● Must have reliable transportation and report for work in a timely manner.