Member Services Representative / Teller
Self-Help Credit Union
Tue Jun 28 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Sat Jul 30 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Visit the link here to our Career Page to apply for this position. This position will remain posted until filled.
Self-Help Credit Union is seeking a bilingual Member Service Representative (MSR) to join our Woodruff Road, Greenville, SC team. The MSR provides credit union services to members, such opening accounts for members, resolving issues, and professionally handling members' daily needs. The MSR provides information by phone or in person, including information on the full range of credit union products and services. This front-line role is a terrific career opportunity with Self-Help Credit Union in beautiful Greenville, SC.
- Initiate and lead conversations to identify and assess member needs.
- Maintain and enhance member account relationships by providing excellent member service.
- Process share deposit payments, loan payments, manual payrolls, and account transfers.
- Disburse cash and check withdrawals.
- Complete member transactions accurately and timely within prescribed limits and guidelines, or seek approval for exceptions.
- Open new membership accounts and assess for accuracy and compliance.
- Research and address member inquiries about credit union services and accounts.
- Perform account maintenance as authorized.
- Promote credit union products and services.
- Maintain base knowledge of consumer and mortgage loans in order to effectively refer loan products to the consumer and mortgage loan departments. Perform outbound calls to members as needed.
- Identify solutions in support of member needs.
- Observe all security/internal controls, and be proactive in protecting the credit union by identifying fraudulent or forged documentation and/or activity.
- Serve as back up to MSR II responsibilities, when needed.
- Open, close and balance their own cash drawer daily.
- Maintain drawer cash levels within prescribed amounts.
- Post and Log night, ATM and mail deposits. (Part of dual-control team.)
- Adhere to general regulatory procedures including requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering rules.
- Accurate balancing within established time frames.
- Assist with branch self-assessments as may be assigned.
- Participate in branch business development and outreach activities.
- May respond to electronic requests submitted by members and/or perform outbound calls to members in a professional prompt, efficient and accurate manner.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Preference for working in organizations that place priority on teamwork and collaboration
- Strong commitment to our mission – creating economic opportunity for traditionally underserved communities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to train with and efficiently operate credit union systems and proprietary software, including proprietary software (New Solutions, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings and weekends.
- May be required to travel to cover other Branches.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills.
- One to three years’ experience in financial institution or other customer service industry preferred.
- Prior cash handling and customer service responsibilities preferred.