Air Cargo Supervisor
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
Wed Apr 28 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Wed Jun 30 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
51,000 - 68,000
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have an application on file. Please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
The Air Cargo Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all administrative and operational aspects of designated cargo operations serviced by the Commercial Aviation Services Division. Position functions as the primary operational lead and performs other duties as assigned by the Commercial Aviation Services Manager.
Skills and Requirements
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Develops and administers the training program for cargo related operations of the Commercial Aviation Services Division (CASD). Evaluates and recommends training requirements for Division personnel.
• Oversees cargo warehouse operations as well as scheduled and non-scheduled cargo flight operations serviced by the CASD.
• Supervises employees performing a wide variety of aviation ground support tasks, including but not limited to: parking, chocking, servicing and towing aircraft, loading and unloading of cargo containers/pallets, cargo acceptance for shipment and build/break operations. Monitors outside contractors hired to perform contract services.
• Interfaces with airlines and brokers in contracting and executing CASD cargo services and in gathering information related to necessary services and schedules.
• Coordinates and ensures adequate personnel coverage for CASD cargo operations.
• Provides key operational information to peer supervisors/leads needed to supervise their respective shifts.
• Disseminates approved department/division information as appropriate.
• Monitors department/division equipment supply and readiness and maintenance needs. Makes recommendations for ground support equipment acquisition.
• Executes accurate and appropriate reporting of CASD services rendered and for reported non-tenant aircraft operations for record-keeping and billing purposes.
• Practices and advocates safety and customer service in a potentially dangerous aviation environment that also directly interfaces with the general public.
• Services work time recording process.
• Exercises readiness for and oversees other departmental operations as needed.
• Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Commercial Aviation Services Manager.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
• Associate’s degree in any field or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Must exhibit the desire to continue training and increase knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing industry regulations, standards and procedures.
• Minimum of two years of experience as an Air Cargo Lead or Supervisor
• Minimum of five years of experience in a related field
• Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation and drug screen as required by the Federal Government and aviation-related authorities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, or Windows.
• This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, operational acumen, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Supervision of air cargo personnel
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to secure and maintain GSP airfield driver privileges
Certifications Required (Must have or be willing and able to obtain)
• Cargo GSC and haz-mat certifications
• Other applicable cargo certifications
• Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information
• Reasonable care for equipment/processes will prevent safety incidences and security breaches
• Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others
• Physical Demand - Use of personal protective equipment is required. Exposed to heat, cold, rain and snow in a noisy environment. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities such as lifting 70 pound items, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions and maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work
• Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. This employee is required to have the visual acuity to analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal
• Exposed to normal office, warehouse and aviation environment
• This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends, nights and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty
• Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.