Donation Coordinator Assistant
Safe Harbor, SC
Wed Apr 28 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Sat May 22 2021 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Please send Cover Letter and resume to:
Safe Harbor is a private, 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence in the upstate of South Carolina. We offer a continuum of services, providing safe emergency shelter, counseling, assistance with orders of protection, and transitional housing, as well as teen dating violence education and community outreach in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties.
At Safe Harbor, we strive to create a culture of inclusivity and empowerment. Approaching our work with different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds cultivates collective strength and creativity. This brings us closer to the communities we serve and embodies our fundamental vision that all people feel safe and valued.
Team Member fulfilling the role of Donation Coordinator Assistant is critical to the success of the Safe Harbor mission. This is an excellent position for someone seeking a physical job requiring strength and knowledge of safe body mechanics while lifting or moving heavy and/or bulky items.
Safe Harbor provides an extensive on-the-job training to best prepare the Donation Coordinator Assistant for their responsibilities.
Essential Duties Include:
• Assist the Donation Coordinator and Resale Shop in Donations
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles, as assigned
• Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door, and in the community
• Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the day
• Participate in Resale Shop special events
• Should be able to juggle several aspects of the job on a daily basis
• Confidentiality is expected
• Ensure that the processing area, Warehouse, and box truck are clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
• Greet and assist customers/donors/clients
Skills and Requirements
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Fully understand how to move and lift large pieces of furniture
• Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public
• Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements
• Lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required
• Must be able to lift, and carry donation items weighing up to 75 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to sustain a full shift (4 to 8 hours depending on scheduled hours) of standing, walking, lifting, and bending
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, reach, bend, stoop, stretch, use hands, and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, and tools