Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Assistant
Safe Harbor Resale Shop
Wed Nov 23 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Wed Dec 14 2022 00:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
Highly motivated and qualified candidates may apply by visiting www.safeharborsc.org/employment
SUMMARY: As the donation assistant, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service through positive and effective communication with customers, donors, and clients.as well as, being efficient in the operation of the Resale Shop donation area and the team of people you’ll be working alongside. This a part time, hourly position.
This position works closely with the Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate and the Resale Shop Manager to provide support with the donation area, community donation pick-ups, deliveries, and assisting client move outs. Assistance with donation intake, sorting and resale at the Resale shop is required. Must work well with a team and utilize customer service skills.
Reports To: Resale Shop Manager
• Follow the guidelines of Employee Handbook of Safe Harbor and the procedures of Safe Harbor Resale Shop, and operations of the box truck
• Ensure that the processing area, Warehouse, and box truck are clean, safe, and presentable throughout your shift
• Greet and assist customers/donors/clients when providing assistance
• Assist the Furniture Pick-up and Delivery Associate and Resale Shop in Donations
• Must be prompt and dependable
• Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service when working the donation door, and in the community
• Help to maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, and safe work environment throughout the day
• Participate in Resale Shop special events- what does this mean?
• Responsible for loading and unloading donation trucks/vehicles, as assigned
• Experience working with one or more of the following: individuals experiencing homelessness, poverty, mental health related issues, substance abuse, and domestic violence and prioritize task independently
• Confidentiality in issues discussed in meetings, with clients, etc. is expected
Skills and Requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Current/valid Driver’s License
• Skilled in driving a box truck
• Must have a positive attitude and enthusiasm
• Possess ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
• Ability to establish and maintain professional boundaries in working with coworkers, clients, volunteers, and donors
• Ability to communicate well with management, co-workers and community partners
• Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, service and efficiency
• Ability to pass contingent screening of criminal background check and drug test
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Good hand/eye coordination
• Practice correct lifting and maneuvering technique for large pieces of furniture
• Responsible for moving items that are donated and sold by the public
• Ability to perform physical work, including working in outdoor elements
• Lifting up to 50 lbs. unaided is required
• Must be able to lift, and carry donation items weighing up to 75 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to sustain a full shift (4 to 8 hours depending on scheduled hours) of standing, walking, lifting, and bending
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, reach, bend, stoop and stretch,