Visual Media Designer
SC Governor's School for the Arts & Humanities
Fri Jul 22 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Wed Aug 31 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
$35,360 - $50,394
How to Apply
Interested persons must complete a State Employment Application which can be found at www.careers.sc.gov. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
PLEASE DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:
LaTomya Doctor, Director of Human Resources
South Carolina Governor’s School for the Arts and Humanities
15 University Street, Greenville, SC 29601
Tel: (864) 282-3781 | Email: email@example.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The SC Governor's School for the Arts & Humanities is an equal employment opportunity agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex — including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Director of Public Relations, the Graphics Manager creates and maintains all of the school’s visual communications based on brand standard guidelines. This position plays an integral role in supporting school operations by:
● Working with all units of the school to provide graphic design and print production services for a wide array of projects and initiatives including but not limited to newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, event programs, calendars, business cards, advertisements, campaigns, and manuals.
● Overseeing the school print shop, operating and maintaining the equipment, and handling state procurement procedures for selecting print vendors, ordering supplies when needed, and managing the print production process for all outsourced print needs.
● Creating digital graphics for social media, school website, gallery exhibitions, advertising campaigns and more.
● Serving as a school photographer for events as requested and assisting with editing and archiving photography for marketing and public relations purposes.
● Performing other related duties as needed.
Skills and Requirements
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
A high school diploma and relevant experience. An associate degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field may substitute for the required work experience.
A Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Graphic Design, Design Communications, or related field. A minimum of 2-3 years of professional graphic design and print production experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Exhibits understanding of branding and design principles with an eye for color, typography, and a keen sense of visual hierarchy of information. Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. Can multi-task and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines. Experience working with print vendors. Strong knowledge of pre-press and print production. Ability to prepare digital files for a variety of print and digital media. Ability to work with a high level of independence. Experience with photography and video editing. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software.