Facilities Technician II
Greer, South Carolina
GSP Airport District
Greer, South Carolina
Fri Jul 29 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Tue Sep 27 2022 23:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
Salary Level 5
Hiring Range - $21.61/hr. to $32.92/hr.
Position Summary (Primary Functions)
Responsible for the general maintenance of all Airport facilities and equipment including but not limited to Electrical Systems, Lighting Systems, Baggage Conveyor Systems, Boarding Bridges, Automatic Doors, Automatic Gates, Buildings, Water Features, and Low Voltage Systems.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
• Maintain the electrical systems for all Airport facilities.
• Perform repairs to electrical and electro-mechanical equipment in a timely manner using effective troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques.
• Maintain all facilities lighting systems to include troubleshooting and repair of controls, lamps/LED’s, ballast, drivers, and fixtures.
• Knowledgeable in three phase power distribution, single phase power distribution, premises wiring systems, and emergency electrical systems.
• Install conduit systems and wiring per NFPA 70.
• Inspect and maintain a variety of equipment including, but not limited to motors, pumps, drives, auto gates, overhead doors, water features, boarding bridges, conveyor systems, and low voltage systems, etc.
• Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of the airfield and ramp lighting systems. Ensure all components of the system are operational and in compliance with CFR 139 and other applicable regulations.
• Assist with other maintenance tasks that may not be directly related to electrical.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections and corrections to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability of equipment.
• Shall assume responsibility for minimizing interruption to operations and completion of tasks in a manner that ensures optimum reliability of equipment.
• Cleanup of pre-assigned areas and workspaces.
• Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
• Perform other duties necessary to keep the Airport operating safely and efficiently.
• Will be required to work without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Secondary education (Associate Degree, Military, or Job Training) preferred.
• Must demonstrate the desire to continue training and upgrading knowledge needed to stay abreast of changing technology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Two (2) years’ experience as an electrician at a large commercial or industrial facility; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be capable of reasoning through problems involving simple and complex equipment.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of and exercise judgment and planning in selecting and using materials, tools, and equipment in electrical construction, or maintenance.
• Knowledgeable in the operations of various types of meters and measuring equipment.
• Familiar with the National Electrical Code and apply the code to all electrical work.
• Knowledgeable in the application of Ohm’s Law.
• Capable of accurately measuring, bending, and installing electrical conduit.
• Must have the ability to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, electrical drawings, etc.
• Ability to understand and communicate both verbally and in writing, and have sufficient math skills to work electrical equations.
• Knowledgeable and in the installation and repair of such components as motors, starters, drives, distribution panels, low voltage systems, and lighting systems.
• Must be physically able to operate a forklift and aerial man lifts.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with others including supervisors, management personnel, fellow associates, contractors, vendors, and technical representatives.
• This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications, and interpersonal relations.
• Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint.
• May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
• None at this time.
• Valid Driver’s License
• None at this time.
• Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
• Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
• Responsible for own work but must coordinate work with others.
• Physical Demand - Must be physically able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required of the job. Worker will be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow, and icy conditions. Works near mechanical and electrical equipment, risk of electrical shock. Exposure to flammable, toxic, and caustic chemicals. Exposure to heights and will be required to work from ladders and lifts. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities, engage in sustained physical exertion, and perform arduous work under adverse conditions. Must maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work. Frequent bending and stooping. Will be required to lift objects up to 55 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to noise levels greater than 55db. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the Airport.
• Mental and/or Visual Demand - Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of vehicular, aircraft, and equipment traffic.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
• Exposed to normal office environment and normal aviation environment.
• This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments, and overtime duty.
• Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
• Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation, drug screening, and physical examination as per Federal, State, and GSP Airport District requirements.
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Skills and Requirements